Alternative Ways to Load UI Assets from the Project In Niantic Studio?

Hello everyone!
I cloned the Bog Battle sample project to explore how to use the new Niantic Studio tools. However, I’m confused about the need to upload UI assets with the .png file extension when images are loaded through URLs from external storage.
For example, the Fence_click.png file is uploaded in the project assets, but it’s not used. Instead, a URL link such as https://static.8thwall.app/assets/Fence-htjbto65t9.png is used. Why is that?

Alternative Ways to Load UI Assets from the Project Folder
Is there another way to load UI assets directly from the project’s assets folder instead of using external URLs?

Let me know if you need further clarifications!

1 Like

This sample project was developed while Studio was in an early private Beta - before you could directly select uploaded assets from the dropdown menu. We are in the process of updating these projects to show off best practices.

Indeed, if you specify that a schema property is an asset, you can directly select the uploaded asset from the dropdown menu in the property panel (you might need to scroll down in the dropdown to see your uploaded assets).

Hi Evan,
I tried selecting the uploaded asset directly from the dropdown menu in the property panel, but it seems there is a display error :disappointed_relieved:

I hope there is a way to load the image asset optimally without delay like referencing the Url :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like