Can't publish project to latest version for Public

Hi there.

We’re having trouble publishing our project in the cloud editor to the latest landed commit.

It was publicly published to the latest one before, but then after the last landing (Pressing Land + Publish), it seems to have broken it because it somehow unpublished it, both staging and public.

We were able to publish to stage on the latest again, but we when trying to publish to public, it loads endlessly and does not do anything. We tried this on several computers as well.

We tried publishing earlier versions, which did work, but only up to a very early one (from around 7 months ago). After that, publishing later ones would exit out of the prompt but never actually finish the commit to production. (Refreshing the editor would result in it just being the previous landing under Public instead.)

So now, we’re simply unable to publish to public the latest changes.

The engine version is frozen on 24.1.10.2165 for reference.

There is no custom domain, etc., and it was working until the latest change.

Any idea why it wouldn’t be publishing or a way to debug it?

Are you able to make a small change (such as just a comment) in your project and re-land and then publish? Please verify.

I am able to make a comment, re-land, but when I try to publish, the status is “New commit on production” but it keeps doing it every couple minutes or so as if it’s retrying, but I don’t know if I have any way to see what’s wrong to debug it.

We attempted to duplicate the project and try publishing, but that did not work either.

Then, we tried to just start a new project from scratch, and it broke publishing only after adding in the UI assets. Even removing those assets, relanding, did not fix it, so I wonder if importing UI assets is where it is breaking.

We also imported XRExtras from maybe 7 months as well, but we are not sure if that would play a factor.

What UI assets are you importing? size of file? file type? More information would be helpful, thanks!

13 png files, each one is less than 1mb, most only 10 to 20 kb for basic button UI. One gif that is 50 kb.

Well, the strangest thing happened. I checked the project again after someone removed the button UI, landed, added it back in, landed, and thought it didn’t work. 46 hours later when I checked just now, suddenly it is working and publishes the latest landing on public now. I… have no idea what seems to have fixed it.

I’ve had this issue a few times in the past, and am having it on a current project.

I was able to clone the project, and do a build, to get around the issue with it not allowing me to select any of the latest published builds.

This of course means a new link for the end user - it would be great to get this sorted.

@Ian - if you dm me, I can send you the project details and you can see the issue at your end

Please reach out to support@8thwall.com with details and the team can help

1 Like

@Ian I’ve just sent in a few support tickets.

Is it better to email support@8thwall.com or report issues here in this section of the forums?

For general questions the forum is great. Just when sending any personal information and or projects I’d suggest support@8thwall.com as there is no need to share those with the community.