How do I self-host?

How do I self-host on my own infrastructure? Are there any requirements I need to meet for hosting?

Hello!

Yes, if you are on a paid Pro or Enterprise plan, self hosting is supported.

Please refer to the following resources related to self hosting:

1. Create Self-Hosted Project and obtain AppKey: Project Settings | 8th Wall
  2. Whitelist domains/IPs of your server: Self Hosted Domains | 8th Wall
  3. Self hosted code examples: web/examples/aframe at master Β· 8thwall/web Β· GitHub
1 Like

Hi @TonyT ,

If my client were to need to host the AR experience themselves on their own server, how do I download the full project file in order to pass it to them for uploading on their own subdomain? I understand I’d still need to whitelist the domain, but how do I pass them the files from the engine, and is there documentation for them for uploading? They will be on a commercial license when publishing.

Hi @Luan_Seah

If you created the project for your client in the Cloud Editor, you have the option of doing the DNS work to point your project to a specific domain of your choice, as seen here:

If the requirement is for your client to host it on their end and the project was built inside the cloud editor, then I believe the only way would be to copy the code from the Cloud Editor and import it into your codebase. As far as I’m aware, 8thWall doens’t have an option to export your project to something like a zip file.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

That’s correct - currently there is no download/export function for the Cloud Editor. I agree that connecting a custom (sub) domain is the best solution here.

Otherwise, you’ll have to manually copy code and assets to your own server, and also re-factor some of the code as the cloud editor has a custom file structure and build process. You can compare Cloud Editor vs Self-hosted versions of the following project: