Integrating Video with Sound and play/pause/unmute in 8th Wall Without Image Target

I am currently developing a project that requires the integration of an embedded video. This video should have interactive features like play, pause, and mute functionalities. Importantly, it should achieve this without needing to be anchored to any image target, essentially existing as an intrinsic part of the project.

The ideal implementation for this video would allow it to blend seamlessly into my project’s environment, effectively appearing as an independent, ‘floating’ element within the scene. Despite extensive research in search of a tutorial or an example that could provide clear guidance on how to accomplish this, my efforts have so far been fruitless. I am particularly interested in ensuring that the video can auto-play in a muted state, a feature often a prerequisite for such integrations.

I have experimented with the “Video on Mesh” approach. However, this method falls short of my requirements as it lacks a function to unmute the video. This limitation poses a significant challenge to achieving the level of interaction and user engagement I envision for my project.

I have exhaustively researched every project on 8thwall, but cannot find the combination of my requirements.

Given these challenges, I am reaching out to the community to find someone who has successfully similarly implemented a video or who could point me toward a project that aligns with the setup I aim to create. Any insights, advice, or references shared would be immensely appreciated and valuable in advancing my project towards its envisioned outcome.

Hi @Kyle_Borg
I believe this would be a good starting point:

Yes, in this example the element is attached to an image target, but there should be nothing stopping you from adding this plane to the SLAM scene and use the components in the example project to work out the functionality.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:
Good luck!

1 Like

Yes, you can certainly start with a basic world effects project and just add an with a video texture on it.

Then write some custom code which starts/stops a video that plays on the