Unhandled promise rejection: NotAllowedError: The request is not allowed by the user agent or the platform in the current context, possile because the user denied permission

Has anyone encountered these errors? My project involves image targets, and the last two videos added to the project have issues. When scanning the photo, one video just shows a white screen, while the other video appears paused. Both videos are only 12 seconds long. Additionally, my plan is only for the starter.

Do the videos have audio? Is your device on low power mode?

Yes it has an audio. I’m not sure on the device low power mode because this is my first time using the 8th wall platform.

To play a video with sound on iOS, you need to capture a user gesture (such as a tap) before playing the video. We’ve built a helper primitive for image targets called <xrextras-target-video-sound> (documented here) to help with this.

See the sample project here:

Specifically, you will be interested in lines 33-41 of body.html.

It’s working now. Thank you so much! Is there any way that the video automatically play? doesn’t need to tap on the image?

The only way video can autoplay on iOS is if it is muted - the user needs to tap to play any video with audio.