Iphone hot enough to cook an egg

I have a larger project with react switching between scenes, on android we don’t have issue, but on iPhone some users complain about their phones overheating.

I found an article that says if you disable webGL2.0 cause it’s still experimental but phones are still heating up. Any suggestions?

Make sure “WebGL 2.0” is disabled under Safari settings:

Settings → Safari → Advanced → Experimental Features → WebGL 2.0

What iphones are you seeing this on? More information would be helpful.

Hi Ian,

There are a number of iPhone users that have commented about their phones being hot enough to cook an egg. After much research it looks like this is an issue with some of the iPhone. My son’s iPhone (10) doesn’t have issue but my boss’s (13) and the client’s iPhone (??)heat up a lot. Another boss has a iphone 15 and it works no heating up at all…

**It’s not specific to AR content, some iphones heat up a lot when watching demanding CPU content, it’s not an 8thwall issue, but something that we as developers have to try and reduce with clean up code.

Also do you know how to remove the “tap to allow camera permission” on iPhone, after the user accepts permissions when they go from scene to screen they still see a banner on the top of the screen asking for permission but it loads without tapping. So really displaying this isn’t necessary since they accepted when they first opened the experience.

Not sure if this possible, but thought to ask you as I’m sure your aware of this.

**Project launches next week, love making Ar with 8thwall. Can’t wait for the next project lots of great ideas now I know the platform.

Hi Ian,

My project is using react to switch between scenes, after I accept the first two prompts on iphone each time a scene loads I see this graphic displayed over the loading screen asking to tap to allow permissions, but I don’t tap it and the scene loads, making it unassay and potential confusing to viewers as they might think they need to give permission every scene change…

Can I target this with css and disable it from being displayed?