Is the 14-day free trial gone?

I am looking into 8th wall’s capabilities for implementing an image recognition type web AR product. I’ve read that image recognition requires the pro marketing version on plan page, so I’d like to upgrade to that plan.

However, I am not sure if it will meet my requirements and would like to try the free trial period that I saw during my search. However, there is no UI for such a trial application in the account settings, etc. The documentation has information about canceling a trial. I am confused because the actual screen and the document are different.

1. is it necessary to upgrade to the pro version to implement image recognition type AR?
  2. is there a trial to charge for the upgrade?
  3. if so, where can I apply for it?

Please let me know if you know about these three points.

Hi,

Yes it’s possible to do image recognition! Take a look at the image in this example, is this close to what you’re trying to accomplish? Unfortunately we don’t have a trial for the pro plan, but this might change in the future.

1 Like

Hi @Junji_Ishii ,

Niantic Studio (currently in Beta) doesn’t yet support image targets, however it’s something the team is actively working on and we hope to support soon!

In the meantime, to use image target functionality you’ll need to be on a Pro plan, and use either our Cloud Editor (+ integrated 8th Wall hosting), or Local Development + Self-Hosting.

We have many sample projects (each with live demos) where you can test out the image tracking functionality, even without an 8th Wall account.

Check out some of these live demos (go to the Project Library and filter by Type → Image Targets). Click Launch and scan the QR code with your phone - the readme’s contain the image target so you can point your phone at the image on your laptop screen.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.