Landing Page not working only when world tracking is disabled

When I launch a project on desktop I can only get the Landing Page feature to work if disableWorldTracking is set to false. Instead it will show an infinite loading spinner on the screen. The experience itself works fine when loaded on mobile, however, I’d like to be able to show the Landing Page when on desktop.

I’ve tested this across multiple projects and each one has the same behaviour, except when I’ve tested it on a project that is frozen to an old version of 8thwall. This leads me to believe it could be a bug with the latest version.

2 Likes

If you want to show landing page please make sure to include the landing page component to your a-scene as shown here:

You can also specify which devices you want your proejct to open up on via xrweb

Hi Ian,

I have added the Landing Page component correctly as it works fine, it is only as soon as I switch disableWorldTracking: true that it no longer continues working.

In the example you sent above, it has disableWorldTracking: true and I can see the landing page is not working. I have cloned it and switched disableWorldTracking: false and it begins working.

Here is the example you sent me with disableWorldTracking: true (and the landing page is not working): A-Frame: Image Targets Flyer

Here is the same example with disableWorldTracking: false (and the landing page is working): Image Target Flyer - World Tracking example

Are you able to confirm you are getting the same behaviour?

I can confirm that I am also getting this error. This is unfortuante since we have several Live projects that are on the latest release of the library. We are not using the landingPage module, but rather the old Customizing the Load Screen CSS.

Some of our projects call the 10 image targets allowed with disabling world tracking, and others just get more performace by disabling world tracking. Regardless it would be nice to have “allowedDevices: XR8.XrConfig.device().MOBILE,” throw the “almostThereContainer” when on desktop.