Video recording doesn't process to see the preview on iOS

Hi all, I have been facing a problem with ā€˜video recordingā€™. After having the video recorded, the processing time lasts forever and nothing happens. So that, Iā€™m not able to see the preview of the video. Please note that this happens only on iOS, it is not the case on Android. I have also attached a video that you could understand it better. I hope getting a suggestion on that soon. Thanks for your time in advance!

Hi Berke,

How long are you waiting for the video to process? Video data is captured a bit differently between devices, some devices need to go through an extra step to convert the video to a standard format.

You might consider setting a max duration and dimension to help improve processing times. For example:

<xrextras-capture-config max-duration-ms="5000" max-dimension="720"></xrextras-capture-config>

Hi Evan,

Thank you for your quick reply on that.

Actually, the video processing doesnā€™t finish and seems like it lasts forever and after some minutes it ends up with showing an error like in the following image.

Iā€™ll definitely try the suggestion that you mentioned. But, it seems like it isnā€™t related to duration of the video recorded since, it doesnā€™t process it even it is a 2 second video.

I would appreciate it, if you could suggest me another solution by looking at the image that shows the error. Thanks in advance!

Best,

Thanks for sharing more detail - what device and version of iOS are you using?

Let me get these details from my team members since, Iā€™m testing on Android and it works fine. Thanks!

Hi Evan,

They have inform me that the device showed the error message an iPhone 13 device with 17.4 version of iOS.

I also also tested it by adding ā€˜ā€™, but nothing changed.

I have also tested the experience on an iPhone 11 device with 17.1.1 version of iOS and it worked fine.

Iā€™m curious if I can make ā€˜video-recordingā€™ work on different iPhone devices with different iOS versions. Please let me know. Thanks!

Hi Evan,

Iā€™m still looking for a possible solution to this problem. I would really appreciate it, if you could suggest me anything that could be helpful for me to overcome this issue. Thanks!

Best,

Hi Berke,

Thanks for your patience here - we are able to reproduce the issue on iOS 17.4 and are looking into it. I will follow up in this thread with any updates on the matter!

Hello @Berke_Oztekin,

The team has pushed a fix to XRExtras that should resolve the issue. Itā€™s currently in the beta version - if you are using the Cloud Editor, please update head.html and add :beta to the xrextras meta tag:

Example (Cloud Editor)

<meta name="8thwall:package" content="@8thwall.xrextras:beta">

If you are self-hosting, youā€™d append -beta to your xrextras script tag:

<script src="//cdn.8thwall.com/web/xrextras/xrextras-beta.js"></script>

Weā€™ll look to promote the fix to the release version of xrextras soon, but you can test/verify the fix in the beta channel for now. Let us know if this resolves your issue.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know that, Evan!

Hello @TonyT,

Thank you for the update and letting me know that!

Iā€™ll test it as soon as possible and inform you if it this resolves the issue.

Best,

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.