No Localization with Lightship VPS

Hey everyone! I’ve been trying to get my first VPS experience up and running and i’m hitting some road blocks. I found 2 tutorials on youtube and i followed them pretty closely. While using the “test VPS” feature in the Ninantic Wayfarer app on the iphone, it DOES detect the object that I scanned. I get a green check mark. But when I bring that VPS model into my project and go to test things out, it doesn’t localize anything and just says “scanning” on screen. Doesn’t seem to recognize/localize the environment. My VPS waypoint is activated.

This is the video I was using (skip to about 2:40): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY47_A6MsqU

Hey Stephen! Have you added the Location to the project from the geospatial browser and passed the name of the Location to the named-wayspot component?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, Evan!

Ok - I figured out the localization part. I had “precise location” turned off on my browser settings in my phone. Definitely an important detail.

Now I seem to be having trouble getting my model to populate int he scene. Even tried desktop development mode and it’s not showing up.

Welp - nevermind. We can mark this as solved. The problem was in my blender export. For some reason the model wasn’t loading into 8th wall properly. Just needed to make a post on here to solve it.

Sweet, thanks for sharing your solutions!

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.