Trust_region_minimizer.cc:120 Terminating: Residual and Jacobian evaluation failed

I’m getting a recurring console message when I add xrweb to my :
trust_region_minimizer.cc:120 Terminating: Residual and Jacobian evaluation failed.

If I remove xrweb, the message goes away. Is this an issue that needs addressing by your team? I can’t find any reference to trust_region_minimizer.cc to dive into said file and try debugging it.

2 Likes

We’re also seeing this issue. Are you using a Galaxy S10? The error seems to come from a C++ library called Ceres Solver that 8th Wall compiled to Web Assembly.

I’m encountering the error on the Simulator, iPhone 14 Pro, and Galaxy S23. I don’t have a Galaxy S10 to try it on, but the error occurred on all the devices I did try it on.

That’s strange, we’ve only been seeing it on some Android devices

Is this affecting the functionality of your experience(s)? This is just a warning, it will be addressed in our next engine release.

1 Like

We’ve found that some Android devices completely lose world tracking, and this error started appearing at the same time. No way to know if it’s a coincidence or not but the timing is suspicious.

Specifically the Samsung Galaxy S10 experiences issues. It’s affecting all of our projects.

@Evan It is not affecting the functionality of my experience(s). I just found it annoying because it would flood the console with the message thousands of times.

This warning should be resolved in the new engine version, which was pushed within the past hour. Are you able to confirm? If the issue(s) with your experience persist without the warning(s), please create a separate post :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.